With legal disputes now a sad fact of business life, it is more important than ever to have access to expert financial advice, particularly when the stakes are high.
As forensic accountants, it’s our job to provide advice and support on complex financial issues in the event of a legal dispute. Our specialist training enables us to quickly get to the heart of the matter, providing a reliable, authoritative contribution to your case.
Our support spans a wide range of issues and situations, such as:
- Expert witnesses experienced in giving evidence to the courts
- Litigation support, such as quantifying damages or calculating economic loss – often in personal injury cases and other civil litigation
- Professional negligence
- Calculating economic loss in breach of contract cases
- Fraud and other criminal cases that involve tracing funds and asset movements and assisting defence teams
- Matrimonial matters, for example the valuation of business interests, liquidity and funding, tax consequences of financial settlements and pension sharing.
We provide lawyers and their clients with incisive, timely advice, geared to the commercial reality of the situation. When the stakes are high you cannot afford to get it wrong, our input can make all the difference:
Business – business interruption – commercial disputes – criminal and civil fraud – employee fraud – directors disqualification – intellectual property disputes – loss of profit claims.
Personal – fatal accidents – personal injury – clinical negligence – loss of office compensation – matrimonial matters – pension related claims – structured settlements – loss of pension rights calculations.
General – arbitration – dispute resolution – insurance disputes – joint appointments – professional negligence – regulatory investigations – tax investigations – VAT investigations.
John Green, head of Pierce Forensic Ltd is one of the first in the Country to receive The Forensic Accountant and Expert Witness Accreditation from the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales.