Our highly regarded Construction team is looking for a locum senior associate with a high level of experience in non-contentious construction law.
Candidates will ideally have at least five years experience; however, we will consider all applicants with suitable skills and knowledge. Candidates should be available from 2nd September 2012, for a period of nine months.
You will have had experience of working in the City or for a top tier provincial firm and gained excellent skills in your field on a range of non-contentious matters. You must be able to handle your own varied non-contentious caseload. Based in Milton Keynes, you will be working as part of an established, specialist team dealing with high quality work offering variety and responsibility.
The successful candidate will ideally have experience of:
• Acting for employers, contractors and funders on major developments
• Preparation and negotiation of standard form building contracts, consultants appointments, warranties, third party rights schedules and associated security documents
• Advising funders and developers about building contracts, appointments, the construction aspects of facility agreements and development agreements
• Working alongside real estate and banking teams
• Dealing with bespoke building contracts
• Advising on differing types of procurement
• Supervising junior members of staff
• Working to the highest standards in a pressurised environment